Tonight’s supper is already done, photographed and in the fridge marinating, letting all those flavors mingle and develop. I already had a sneak taste (shhhh, don’t tell my daughter…) and I have to say I soooo can’t wait for supper time, for this should be good!
Here’s what you’ll need if you want to try it.
- 350g tail off cooked shrimp (size 31-40)
- 1 can hearts of palm, sliced
- 1 can baby corns, chunks
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 7 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1tsp garlic flowers (you can use 1 or 2 garlic clove instead)
- 1 tsp Sambal Oelek
- 1½ tsp Chili Flakes
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients of the vinaigrette, until well blended and lightly emulsified. Reserve
- In a separate bowl, mix all the ingredients of the actual salad. Add vinaigrette and blend until well coated.
- You can serve immediately of leave in the fridge to marinate for 2-3 hours to allow the flavors to develop. If you choose the later option, you might want to add the avocado at the last minute, as avocados tend to become black when they come in contact with air.