It’s been a long day for me today, my brain is half dead and I’m not even about ready to go to bed, so if you don’t mind, I’ll make this a quickie post.
For once, I’ll give you a pizza inspiration that is just about normal.
You see, my daughter doesn’t always care for my wacky pizza creations, so pretty often, while I’m having crazy combos such as Sweet Potato and Spinach or Rustic Grilled Peaches Pizza she will stick to more “conventional” alternatives and create her own healthy yet tasty combinations.
This one here is one of her great classics. Broccoli being her favorite vegetable, I think there’s no way she can even consider having pizza without adding broccoli to it. I’m surprised she hasn’t turned it into a sauce, just yet! (Hmmm… now that gives ME ideas…) 😉
So anyway, this is pretty simple but really tasty, and again, a much, much better choice than anything you could get from your local pizza joint.
And just in case you’re wondering… yes, I always steal a bite from her pizza! Can’t resist! 😉
Say, what are your favorite pizza toppings?
CHICKEN, BROCCOLI, OLIVE AND GOAT CHEESE PIZZA
(for one 10-12 inch pizza)
- ¼ Whole wheat pizza crust recipe
- About ¼ cup cornmeal to roll the dough
- 1 small chicken breast, cut into 1″ cubes
- About 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp each salt and pepper
- 2-3 tbsp tomato pizza sauce
- 1 cup slightly cooked broccoli florets
- 6-8 kalamata olives, sliced
- 75g low fat Mozzarella cheese, grated
ADD-ONS (AFTER PIZZA IS OUT OF THE OVEN)
- 25g unripened soft goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add corn starch, salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
- Add chicken and toss until chicken is coated on all sides.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and cook chicken pieces until nice and golden on all sides, about 6-7 minutes. Sat aside.
- Steam or microwave your broccoli florets for about 30 seconds, just to soften them up a bit.
- Roll or stretch dough into 10-12 inch disc, using cornmeal to prevent sticking instead of flour, and lay onto a pizza pan, dusted with more cornmeal. Spread tomato sauce on your pizza dough and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on the sauce.
- Add pieces of chicken, broccoli, and olives and bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes, until cheese is melted and starts to colour on the edge.
- Take pizza out of the oven and sprinkle goat cheese.