I know I’ve been making lots of salads lately, but I think you can never have too many salad recipes in the summertime. At least not if like me, you tend to eat a lot of grilled meat. I mean, what else are you going to have with your meat, if not for a salad? And while I don’t mind eating pretty much the same cuts of meat day in, day out, I like to vary my sides a bit.
For this salad, I chose to combine many of my ultimate favorite salad ingredients, namely potatoes, artichokes and green olives, and then bring everything together with a tangy, creamy dressing that’s got just the perfect little kick to it. It’s simply the ultimate companion to your grilled meat or sandwich.
And since it can easily be made ahead of time, that makes it the perfect contender for summer BBQs, pool parties, or even picnics too!
This Creamy Potato Salad is definitely a perfect summer salad, but one that would be just as easy to make, and as delicious to eat, in the dead of winter.
To make it, you need to cook some potatoes in plenty of salted water until they are fork tender. Then, drain them and let them cool completely to room temperature. If you’re in a hurry, you can easily put them in the fridge to speed up the process.
And while you’re waiting for the potatoes to cool, you can prep the other ingredients and make the dressing by whisking some sour cream or Greek yogurt (both are equally good, really!) with some paleo mayo (the best mayo in the world, I swear!) Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, white pepper and a pinch of cayenne!
Then, place the cooled potatoes, artichoke hearts, green olives, celery, bell pepper, Parmesan cheese and flat parsley in a large bowl and pour that creamy dressing right in. Give everything a gentle toss, until well combined.
Your salad is now ready to be served to your hungry guests, or can be refrigerated for a few hours to allow all those beautiful flavors to meld.
Any eventual leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for up to a few days.
- 680g (1.5lb) baby new potatoes, cut in half
- 2- 398ml (14oz) cans quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup (140g | 5oz) sliced green olives
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded finely chopped
- ½ cup (60g | 2oz) grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped flat parsley
- Cook the potatoes until fork tender in plenty of salted water, then drain them and let them cool completely to room temperature. You can put them in the fridge to speed up the process.
- Meawhile, prep the other ingredients and make the dressing.
- To make that dressing, combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk vigorously until well combined.
- Place the cooled potatoes, artichoke hearts, green olives, celery, bell pepper, Parmesan cheese and flat parsley in a large bowl. Pour the creamy dressing right in and give everything a gentle toss, until well combined.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for a few hours to allow flavors to meld.
- Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for up to a few days.