So I finally made up my mind…
I WILL be extending my Whole30® challenge all the way through August after all! This means that, when all is said and done, I will have been Whole30ing for a total of 62 consecutive days!
Although I decided that I would make a small change to the rules that I’d set for myself when I initially started on July 1st, and that is to reintroduce nuts BUT only if used as part of a recipe. Never as a snack and even less in the form of a spoonable treat.
Other than that, the rules remain unchanged.
This means no food after dinner. The last bite off my dinner plate shall be my last bite of food for the day.
No matter what time dinner is at.
WOOO! I feel super excited about this now. Call me crazy, but I really enjoy this Whole30® thing (to think that it took me well over a year to finally convince myself to give it a try) and I LOVE coming up with a whole bunch of simple recipes and dishes that are compliant with this, let’s face it, rather challenging way of eating.
Almost as much as I love baking…
For those of you that are currently taking the challenge, rejoice, for this means I’ll be sharing a whole bunch of Whole30® compliant recipes with you guys all the way to the end of the month.
And there probably will be one or two more of my super duper Breakfast Bowls in the lot, too!
And for those of you who are curious to see what I eat all through this challenge, I’m still sharing each and every one of my meals over on Instagram and I’ll sometimes send a few of them over to my Facebook page, too.
Instagram would also be the best place to get sneak peeks at some of my upcoming recipes, too, like this absolutely crazy yummy Liver Pâté, for instance…
Or this delicious Coconut Orange Omelet. You read that one right. Coconut Orange. It’s to die for!
But for now let’s focus on this current recipe.
While it might not be super exotic or inventive, this is one breakfast bowl that is sure to satisfy.
I mean hey, you’ve got ground beef in there, scrambled eggs, nutty,meaty mushrooms, warm and creamy avocado and loads of yummy black olives. What’s there not to like?
I’m thinking that a splash of beautiful Homemade Paleo Sriracha dribbled right over the whole thing would take this Breakfast Bowl to a whole new level, too!
Ooooh. I gotta make me some of that!
I’m telling you, the thought of waking up to one of those scrumptious bowls of goodness is enough to get me out of my bed with a big smile on my face.
And enough to make me forget all about pancakes, oatmeal and cereal, too!
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 6-8 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 150g grassfed ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 10-12 pitted black olives, sliced
- In a heavy skillet set over medium high heat melt a little bit of coconut oil. When oil is nice and hot, add onions, mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook until the veggies are fragrant and softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and smoked paprika and continue cooking until the beef is no longer pink. Remove that to a plate.
- Add eggs to the skillet and scramble them to your liking.
- Return beef to the pan, add avocado and sliced olives.
- Continue cooking just to slightly warm up the avocados and olives, about 45 seconds to a minute.
- Transfer to a pretty bowl, garnish with parsley if desired, sit yourself down and enjoy!