This new site of mine might be pretty, but it’s been driving me crazy lately, for it has been extremely buggy…
Most of these bugs you don’t see… Some, however, you do get to notice. I really wish you didn’t, but hey, It comes with the territory, they say!
One of the most obvious ones, the one that would be of utmost importance to me, comes with the fact that the comment form isn’t functionning at all.
I was really hoping that the situation would be really temporary and that no one would even get to notice, but it has been well over 4 days now, and still, no sign of improvement…
FOUR DAYS WITHOUT HEARING FROM ANY OF YOU GUYS!
I feel completely, totally disconnected. Deserted. Lonely. Sad, even. I just hate that feeling of helplnessness, of not being able to communicate, to connect with you guys. I just miss you all tremendously.
It’s like blogging has suddenly lost all its meaning. This place is just sooooooo empty without you all.
I think I don’t handle being kept away from those I care about all that well…
I can’t wait until you all get your voice back.
I think I will be performing a little dance on that day!
Until then, I can’t let you hand dry, now, can I? Of course not!
So let me give you a quick little recipe here, one that speaks of the hot summer days to come, one that features one of my ultimate favorite summer foods: watermelon! I eat TONS of that in the summer. That, and cantaloupe! You can be certain that you will always find one or the other, if not both, when you open my fridge during the warm season.
This salad really comes together in no time, is SUPER refreshing, and doesn’t even really require a recipe. It’s just extremely forgiving! Add more of this, a little less of that… it doesn’t really care, it will let you eat it just the same, and I’m sure that it will taste just as good, too!
Seriously, I think that I will be having this salad VERY often this summer. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, you name it. It’s just PERFECT!
Easy, light, refreshing, satisfying.
Can you think of a better summer dish?
Yeah… I know… you can’t even answer that one!
God I hate that. I can’t wait until you all get your voice back!
When that happens, I hope you all talk to me at the same time! 😉
Make me dizzy with your words!
- 3 cups watermelon, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut into quarter slices
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 50g toasted walnuts, chopped
- 35g feta cheese, crumbled
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and toss until well combined.
- Place in the refrigerator and let sit for 10-15 minutes for the flavors to blend.
- Divide into 2 serving bowls and garnish with fresh basil leaves and a few walnuts if desired.