Tonight’s supper was Red Lentil Soup, to which I added some nice big chunks of Sole fish. Again, a quick and easy meal, perfect for a cold winter night.
Here’s how to do it:
(for 2-3 servings)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup red lentil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 150g Sole Fillets, in large chunks
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt, Pepper, Dried Oregano, Dried Basil, Red Chili Flakes (about ¼ tsp each)
- In a saucepan, saute the onion (use a splash of olive oil or cooking spray to prevent sticking) until nice and golden, about 2 minutes. Add seasonings and lentils and stir to coat.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the lentils are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add fish, simmer for an extra 5 minutes and serve.
- Garnish with a dollop of low fat sour cream if desired.