Man oh man did I get high on KenpoX this morning.
I just LOOOOVE when that happens.
I wish it could always be like that. Working out is that much more fun when you really get in the zone and just plain have a blast. And let’s just say it’s been kind of hard to get in that zone lately…
I often wish I would love exercising just as much as I love eating. The truth is, I don’t.
I find the two are pretty similar sometimes, though.
With food, just as with exercise, you sometimes want super healthy, other times, and let’s face it we all do, you crave super greasy, junk food.
Sometimes you feel like going all out and have a very elaborate meal, other times, you have your heart set on super quick and simple and nothing else will do. That’s kind of where I am at these days.
When it comes to simple, it can’t get much easier than a tuna fish sandwich. Most of the time, though, they come loaded with so much mayonnaise, they almost fit the junk food category, especially if the tuna had been canned in oil to start with…
Of course, this version that I am giving you today is as healthy as can be, yet, comes together in the blink of an eye. And I find it tastes so much better, too!
Try it for yourself, why not? It’ll only take you a minute!
- ¼ cup 0% fat greek plain yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Old Style whole grain mustard
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 can chunk light tuna fish, in water
- 2 slices whole grain bread of your choice
- a handful of leafy greens
- Add all the ingredients except tuna in a small mixing bowl and mix until well blended. Stir in drained tuna and mix well.
- Spread mixture onto one slice of bread. Garnish with leafy greens and top with second slice of bread.
- Serve immediately