I am completely disorganised this week. I think I have too much going on and my head is all over the place.
All week, I haven’t been able to focus on doing one thing at a time. I will start doing something (like writing this post, for instance) then, just like that, for no apparent reason, will switch to another task, and another, only to come back to the first one and start again.
I haven’t gone grocery shopping, nor have I done my usual weekly meal plan. I’ve been planning my meals on a daily basis for 3 days now. That feels weird! I’m not sure I like it, but I can’t seem to bring myself to do things any differently for now… Is something up with the moon, maybe? 😉
I haven’t done my usual weekly lunches and snacks either, for that matter. I usually get all of my week’s lunches and snacks done on the Sunday. Now I’ve left me with no other choice than to rely on commercial protein bars to snack on… Funny, I used to love them, now I’m not even sure I like them anymore. They taste awfully artificial, and frankly, I don’ t think that something that keeps for so long can possibly be good for me! But hey, they are a good life saver, I guess…
Now starting tomorrow evening, I will be on vacation. Good thing, I guess, for I have a million things to do, but I feel I should do some serious planning if I want to get anything done during that time. The way things are going now, I’ll end up spending the whole week running around in circles!
I’ll have to get busy making me a schedule INCLUDING some time off! Lord only knows I need me some of that! Maybe I should get busy doing that right now! (see? there I go again, ready to switch tasks…)
Allright, I’ll go work on that schedule, but before I do that, I will give you one of the recipes from the week-end.
This is one beautiful, fun and refreshing salad that is so extremely easy to make. It will be ready in just minutes.
Of course, you can make tons of substitutions too!
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 450g bean sprouts
- 3 small oranges, supremed
- ½ orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 150g unsalted cashews
- The juice of 3 small oranges, after the supremes have been removed
- 15g fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp liquid honey
- ¼ tsp sambal oelek
- Supreme the oranges over a mixing bowl to catch the juice. When you are done removing all the flesh, squeeze the juice out of what’s left of the oranges.
- Remove the supremes and transfer them to a large mixing bowl. You can cut them in half if they are too big.
- Add bean sprouts, bell peppers and spinach to orange supremes. Lay the cashews on top.
- Add the dressing ingredients to the orange juice. Whisk to combine or blend in a food processor.
- When you are ready to serve, pour dressing over salad and stir to combine.