Sometimes, life gets in the way.
It just throws so many things at you, there’s just no time to handle everything.
Week-ends end before you’ve even had time to realize that they had started.
To-do lists remain untouched, or at best, half completed…
There’s no time to clean up the house…
No time to take down all those Christmas decorations… (yep, I STILL have some of that lying around the house!)
No time to watch that movie you’d been planning on watching…
No time to write a decent blog post… (sorry about that, guys!)
No time for food…
WHOA! Wait a minute. No time for food?
No way. Now that just can’t be!
There’s ALWAYS time…
for one last kiss for food!
This salad right here comes together so quickly, it will only require about 3 minutes and 42 seconds of your time to prepare. And the best part about it is, it doesn’t even require a recipe and it won’t dirty the kitchen at all!
One mixing bowl, one knife and one teaspoon is all the equipment you will need.
Oh, and of course, a plate and fork, to eat!
So really? There’s just NO excuse not to make that one.
SUPER QUICK GREEK STYLE SALAD
Here’s what you need:
- 1 small English Cucumber
- 6 baby tomatoes
- About 12 kalamata olives
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp each: white wine vinegar, olive oil, za’atar, sumac
- Pinch salt and pepper
- About 25g soft goat cheese
- Grab your cucumber and cut it into 4 pieces lengthwise, then cut each quarter into thick slices.
- Cut tomatoes into quarters
- Pit and chop kalamata olives (or not!)
- Mince garlic clove
- Add all that to mixing bowl
- Add olive oil, white wine vinegar, za’atar and sumac
- Transfer to serving plate
- Crumble goat cheese overtop
- Sit down and take the time to eat!