Apple, Goat Cheese and Walnut Pizza
OK, I know, it sounds weird. I admit. I wasn’t even convinced myself, to be honest. But seriously, apples and cheese go so well together, it was a winning combination. Surprisingly good, I might say.
Of course, I didn’t use any tomato sauce! All I did was sprinkle the dough with a dash of olive oil and grated some fresh nutmeg on it, then I topped with mozzarella, super thin Red Delicious apple slices, added some goat cheese crumbles, chopped walnuts, and right in the oven it went.
When it came out, I sprinkled some chopped fresh rosemary and fennel leaves on top. Oh, and I had put a little bit of fresh rosemary in the dough as well. This, was one decadent pizza. I will definitely keep this one in my “winners” pile.
Go ahead, give it a try! If you do, make sure you let me know how you liked it!
- About ½ tsp olive oil
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 1 Red Delicious apple, in very thin slices
- 100g low fat Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 15g walnut, chopped
- 25g goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh fennel leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- Roll or stretch dough into 10-12 inch disc and lay on a baking sheet.
- Spread olive oil and grate as much or as little nutmeg as you like over it.
- Top with mozzarella cheese, followed by apple slices, then sprinkle goat cheese and walnuts.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes, until cheese is melted and the crust takes a beautiful golden colour.
- Take pizza out of the oven and sprinkle fresh rosemary and fennel.