Inspired by my favorite Lebanese restaurant, this extremely simple but super tasty Black Bean Corn and Quinoa Salad goes good with just about anything or can even be enjoyed as a complete meal, and is just as enjoyable any time of the year!
Whenever I pay a visit to my local Lebanese restaurant, I never fail to get inspired by their mouth watering salad counter… Last time I went, they had this yummy new arrival which really caught my attention! It was a cold quinoa salad, filled with loads of black beans, corn kernels, black olives, tomatoes, cucumbers and parsley. Of course I had to have it, and ended up loving it so much that I decided to try my hand at replicating it at home.
Luckily, I find that Lebanese cuisine tends to be so simple, it’s usually fairly easy to figure out. This particular quinoa salad was no exception! But despite its refreshing simplicity, it’s a veritable cornucopia of flavors and textures…
This quinoa salad would make for a great side dish, which would accompany any grilled meat or fish perfectly well, but it’s also so complete, you could very well choose to have it as a meal on its own!
Since you’ll be needing cold quinoa to make this recipe, you’ll have to be sure to cook your quinoa a little bit in advance so it has a chance to cool… If possible, I suggest that you take care of that the previous day, and once that’s out of the way, your salad will come together in no time!
All that’ll be left to do is to prep your ingredients, namely some corn kernels (I used thawed frozen corn, but canned or fresh would also work perfectly well), black beans, sliced black olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions and parsley and throw them in a large mixing bowl along with your cooked quinoa.
Then, in a small glass measuring cup, combine some olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and whisk vigorously until well blended and slightly emulsified; pour that right over the reserved salad.
Give the ingredients a gentle toss until everything is evenly distributed. That’s it, you’re done!
Technically, you could serve your salad immediately, but if time permits, I strongly recommend that you place it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to allow all those beautiful flavors to meld and fully develop.
If you want to get fancy, transfer your salad to a pretty salad bowl and garnish it wit a little bit of parsley.
Any potential leftovers will keep well for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
If you’ve tried this recipe, or any other recipe on the blog, please take a minute to rate the recipe and let me know how things went for you in the comments below. It’s always such a pleasure to hear from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and TWITTER for more delicious, healthy recipes!
Black Bean Corn and Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups quinoa cooked and cooled*
- 2 cups corn kernels fresh, thawed or canned, drained well if applicable
- 1- 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 2 small tomatoes seeded and finely diced
- 2 Lebanese cucumber finely diced
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 3-4 tbsp parsley finely chopped
For the vinaigrette
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, corn kernels, black beans, olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions and parsley. Set aside.
- In a small glass measuring cup, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and whisk vigorously until well blended and slightly emulsified. Pour over the reserved salad and toss gently until fully combined.
- Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to allow flavors to meld.
- This salad will keep well for 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
*Cook 1 cup of dry quinoa according to directions on package and let cool completely.