Please don’t throw tomatoes at me…
Yes, I am giving you YET another smoothie recipe.
I know, I know, it’s like I’m obsessed or something. But the thing is, ever since I returned from Cuba, I got completely hooked on smoothies and have been having one every single day of the week.
Needless to say I got to play with a lot of different flavor combinations, and I got to be bit creative too, especially considering the fact that I try and stay away from the classic and way too easy “choco/banana” combination.
I don’t think that I’d have ever thought of making a pear smoothie, though, if it hadn’t been for the fact that I had purchased a bunch or pears with a very specific purpose in mind, but that purpose never materialized after all.
Since I’m not really one to eat whole fresh fruits all that often, I sort of had to find a way to use them.
And what a fantastic way this was. Pears are so tasty to start with, this smoothie didn’t need much of anything else to make it into something really great.
For real, this has got to be the most refreshing smoothie I have ever had, yet, it contains so much protein that it’ll keep you satisfied for a very long time!
JUICY PEAR SMOOTHIE
- 1 ripe Barlett pear
- ¼ cup 1% fat cottage cheese
- ¼ cup 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup egg whites
- ½ cup unsweetened soy milk
- ½ scoop (20g) vanilla flavored protein powder
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- Pinch ground cardamome
- A handful of chopped pistachio, to garnish
- Add all ingredients to your food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer to drinking glass and sprinkle with chopped pistachio, if desired