I’ve seen quite a few recipes for creamy avocado pasta over the past few months and I was pretty intrigued with the concept, so I decided to go ahead and give them a try.
To be honest, though, I just went ahead and made this from memory, and from having mostly just watched the pictures, so I didn’t really know what to do, or what to expect. All I knew is I needed an avocado and some sort of pasta. In fact, I didn’t even know if I was supposed to eat this warm or cold.
And for some reason, I decided not to validate that information and to just play it by ear. Yep! Kinda like a man trying to put together a piece of furniture, you know. Get the job done first, and check the instructions after. 😉
So anyway, I chose to eat mine warm, and added a few asparagus and endives, just to keep everything nice and green!
The sauce was really delicious. Just as creamy and tasty and dreamy as imagined it to be.
However, I let my noodle selection fall on Soba, and I’m not sure that the flavor combination was optimal. It was, erm… strange, to say the least. Not bad, but strange.
I definitely have to redo this, but with a different kind of noodle, this time.
And maybe add a few pieces of chicken, as well as a few shavings of parmesan cheese.
All in all, this is a keeper. This has so much potential!
It’s fast, it’s easy, it’s versatile and it’s super healthy!
My kind of meal!
- 160g soba noodles
- 1 large endive, shredded
- 12 asparagus, cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- The juice of half a lime
- ½ tsp Himalayan or fine salt
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 40g walnuts, chopped
- Cook pasta according to instructions on package;
- In the meantime, heat about a teaspoon of olive oil (or use cooking spray) in a medium non stick pan over medium heat and cook the endive and asparagus for 2-3 minutes, until just tender. Remove from heat but leave in pan.
- Add avocado, yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the bowl of your food processor and process until smooth.
- When pasta is cooked, drain it and add it to your reserved vegetables. Add avocado mixture and chopped walnuts and toss delicately to combine.
- Serve immediately.