Healthy Festive Vegan Chocolate Fudge
Not only is this Festive Vegan Chocolate Fudge super creamy, velvety smooth and totally delicious, but it also happens to be truly healthy and completely guilt-free!
Can you think of a better, prettier treat to put on the table this Christmas? Or any other occasion, for that matter. Super easy to make, this healthy vegan chocolate fudge only requires 4 simple ingredients and about 20 minutes of your time to make. And no special equipment either.
This fudge is perfect in every single way: it tastes absolutely amazing, has the silkiest, fudgiest texture, it’s super easy – and quick – to make, cuts super clean into perfect little squares and best of all, stays firm at room temperature. This means it won’t start to melt on you as soon as you take it out of the fridge, like many other healthy fudge recipes out there… In fact, this one is actually MUCH better at room temperature so it’s best that you take it out of the fridge a couple of hours before you serve it!
And that, makes it even more perfect, because it’ll make it that much harder for you to just grab a piece right out of the fridge every now and then, and eventually realize that you’ve gone through the entire batch before it even had a chance to make it to the party…
Of course, your fudge is only going to be as healthy as the ingredients you put in it. For starters, be sure to use the best chocolate you can get your hands on… and of course, make sure it’s vegan! Use a semi-sweet chocolate that contains anywhere between 55% and 70% cacao. Any darker than this and you’ll probably find your fudge to taste too bitter. Chop the chocolate finely if using bars; if using chocolate chips, you can simply add them to the pan whole.
As for the coconut butter and cashew butter, I always make my own at home, but you can absolutely use store-bought if you prefer.
Finally, the coconut milk needs to be the full fat kind that comes in a can, not the milk beverage that usually comes in cartons. Again, use the best one you can get your hands on!
Once you have all your ingredients ready, combine them in a medium-sized saucepan and melt them over low heat, stirring very frequently, until the mixture is completely smooth and free of any lumps. At no time should the mixture become hot; rather, it should always remain barely warmer than body temperature.
While your chocolate is slowly melting, take the opportunity to chop your pistachios and goji berries. Also, grease a 9″x 5″ loaf pan with coconut oil and then line it with parchment paper, leaving a bit of an overhang on both the long sides, for easy removal of the fudge once it’s set.
Don’t forget to keep a close eye on your fudge mixture though… you do need to stir frequently!
When that fudge mixture is good and ready, pour it right into the prepared pan…
Now take a moment to pause and appreciate the beauty of this thing… Just admire how deliciously smooth and silky and yummy this looks! Oh yeah!
Spread that fudge mixture delicately and evenly all the way to the edge of the pan — or tap the pan delicately a few times on the table to level it out — and then sprinkle the top with as little or as much as you want of that shredded coconut, chopped pistachios and goji berries — although a tablespoon or two of each should suffice — then refrigerate your chocolate fudge for at least 4 hours, or until it’s completely set.
When the fudge is set, take the pan out of the fridge for at least 2 to 3 hours before unmolding and cutting the fudge into squares. Although technically, you could cut it while it’s still cold, but your squares would most likely “break” and wouldn’t be all beautiful and nice and clean…
For best results and super nice clean cuts, cut your fudge into strips first, then cut each strip into squares, and be sure to wipe your blade clean with a warm damp cloth between each cut.
You can serve your delicious chocolate fudge right away, or if not ready to serve quite yet, you can keep it at room temperature for up to a day.
After that, store your fudge in the fridge for up to 10 days, but be sure to take it out of the fridge at least 2 hours before serving: this fudge is simply much better at room temperature!
See how creamy and dense and fudgy and silky and velvety and OH YUM! Just wait ’til you get to sink your teeth into a piece…
Festive Vegan Chocolate Fudge
- 3 cups finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate or chocolate chips*
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup creamy cashew butter
- 1/4 cup smooth coconut butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
To garnish the top
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Chopped pistachios
- Chopped goji berries
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring very frequently, until the mixture is completely smooth and free of any lumps; it should never become hot but rather remain barely warmer than body temperature.
- Meanwhile, chop your pistachios and goji berries. Also, grease a 9"x5" loaf pan with coconut oil and then line it with parchment paper, leaving a bit of an overhang on both the long sides, for easy removal of the fudge once it's set.
- When the fudge mixture is ready, pour it into the prepared pan, spread delicately and evenly all the way to the edge and sprinkle with a pinch or two of shredded coconut, chopped pistachios and goji berries.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until completely set.
- Take the pan out of the fridge at least 2 to 3 hours before cutting the fudge into squares. For clean cuts, be sure to wipe your blade clean with a warm damp cloth between each cut.
- Store in the fridge for up to 10 days, but be sure to take it out of the fridge at least 2 hours before serving: this fudge is much better at room temperature!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please take a minute to rate the recipe and let me know how things went for you in the comments below. It’s always such a pleasure to hear from you!
You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and TWITTER for more delicious, healthy recipes!
4 Comments on “Healthy Festive Vegan Chocolate Fudge”
I just made these and topped with vegan marshmallows. They are dangerously delicious!!!
this is awesome!
This is Awesome!!