Since I’ve been particularly uninspired in the kitchen lately, Roasted Chicken is another thing that I’ve been eating A LOT of. Mind you, when one goes and roasts an 8 pound bird and then proceeds to eat it all by their lonesome, they have no choice but to -one- eat lots of it, and -two- get a little creative, else things can get boring pretty fast.
That’s pretty much how and why this Spinach and Clementine Chicken Salad came to be. I’d just roasted a chicken and was at a bit of a loss as to what to make with it, so I rummaged through the fridge one afternoon to see what was in there and eventually managed to put this delicious salad together.
Truth is, I loved it so much that I decided to have it again the very next day, and to log the recipe this time.
Honestly, I fully intend to have it a few more times again, while clementines are still in season. And when the sweet little orange jewels are gone, then I’ll probably try it with oranges, instead.
And when oranges are gone, then I’ll switch to apples…
If like me you’re a fan of fruits and nuts in salads, you will definitely fall for this super simple yet crazy satisfying salad. Heck, it’s so easy to make that I couldn’t even justify taking my usual step-by-step pictures.
I’m afraid we’re gonna have to go straight to town with this one!
Start by simply arranging a couple of handfuls of baby spinach leaves in a shallow bowl or plate.
Top them with sliced red onion (or red cabbage, if you don’t care for onions), sugar snap peas, sections of clementines, dried cranberries, roasted cashews and a generous portion of big meaty chunks of leftover cooked chicken.
Then, in a small mixing bowl or measuring cup, put all the ingredients for the dressing and mix vigorously with a whisk until well combined.
Pour generously over the salad…
Now take a good long look at this beautiful dish which you are about to eat, then toss and enjoy!
And then repeat the following day…
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach leaves (about 3 cups)
- a few thin slices of red onion
- 12 sugar snap peas, cut in half crosswise
- 2 clementine, peeled and split into sections
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp dry roasted cashews
- 1 cup (100g) leftover cooked chicken
- Arrange the baby spinach leaves in a shallow bowl or plate. Top with sliced red onion, sugar snap peas, sections of clementine, dried cranberries, roasted cashews and chunks of leftover cooked chicken.
- Put all the ingredients for the dressing in a small mixing bowl or measuring cup and mix well with a whisk until well combined. Pour over the salad, toss and enjoy!