Like it or not, it’s already December, which means Christmas is just around the corner.
Of course, the stores have already filled up their shelves and displays with all kinds of treats, munchies, candies and other sweet delights. There’s no avoiding it: everywhere you go, you get bombarded with countless temptations. Try as you might, it’s very hard not to succumb to all those yummy Holiday treats.
My biggest cravings at this time of the year usually include everything and anything chocolate, sugar pie, sucre à la crème, sugar cookies (the ones that are decorated are even better) and… EGGNOG!
So when I saw a recipe for this Quick and Easy Dairy Free Eggnog while flipping through the pages of Real Life Paleo, The Paleo Parents‘ latest marvel of a book, I just had to put it to the test like, immediately.
Especially since I’d just made a fresh batch of thick and creamy Almond Milk, you know…
Before I go on, though, let me take a minute to tell you a little bit more about the real gem of a book that is Real Life Paleo. It’s a lot more than just a cookbook, really! It’s a complete guide to help people out during their transition to paleo and quickly get them comfortable with their new life choices.
The book features over 175 recipes, a plethora of mouth-watering pictures as well as many practical guides, tables and resources to help you stick with the program while you ease into the paleo lifestyle.
Here’s an idea of what you can expect to find as you flip through the pages:
- 175 Gluten Free, Brilliantly Illustrated Recipes (Many of which are Kid Friendly, too!)
- A unique 3 Phased Approach Paleo Guide to help you simply Swap, Remove and Heal, including several Tear-Out Guides and Shopping Lists
- A How-To section that covers the Basics for those who are very new to the lifestyle
- Handy Charts such as Easy Food Swaps, Nutritional Information Comparisons, Paleo Pantry Staples and True Paleo Superfooods
- A Convenient Guide to Eating Out
- An Extensive Recipe Allergen Index to help those with Food Intolerences quickly access recipes that are well adapted to their reality
Seriously, whether you are new to the lifestyle or simply curious about paleo, whether you just need help sticking with the program or need a little bit of inspiration in the kitchen, get a copy of this book. You will not regret it.
And hey, did I mention that Christmas was just around the corner? I’m thinking that Real Life Paleo would make for an awesome Christmas present. I know I’d be happy with it… if I didn’t already have a copy of my own, that is! [Read more…] about Quick and Easy Dairy Free Eggnog – Recipe out of Real Life Paleo