Avocado and Pink Grapefruit Parfait
I’ve really been on an avocado kick lately. Avocado and pink grapefruit, to be more precise.
I don’t know where I got the idea that the two would work real well together, but one day, my brain went something like “Hey, I’m in the mood for avocado and pink grapefruit. Fix me something, will ya?”
Like it was some sort of a challenge, or something…
Of course, me being me, immediately thought: “Oh yeah? Well, let’s see about that! Challenge accepted, brain!” I’ve always loved me a good challenge!
But, really, it didn’t even turn out to be a challenge. It just works naturally, like that.
Who knows, maybe it’s a classic combo and I don’t even know about it. Maybe I should do a little research on the subject.
Trust me, if you’ve never tried it, you have to. It really is a match made in heaven.
Oh, and honey goes extremely well with those two…
And if, like me, you’ve been trying to avoid avocados because, well, you’ve always been told that avocados are very high in fat and extremely calorie dense, please don’t.
While this may be true, it’s also a fact that avocados are loaded with an insanely high amount of goodies that’ll do your body good. And at about 125 calories per half fruit, I think they can easily be managed into a smoothie or a beautiful parfait.
But hey, don’t take my word for it. Check out this article and you too, might very well change your mind and make it a habit to include avocado as a part of your regular healthy diet.
I now eat at least 2 avocados per week.
And I am simply in heaven!
Do I need to tell you to stay tuned for more avocado recipes?
Right… I thought not…
AVOCADO AND PINK GRAPEFRUIT PARFAIT
- ½ ripe avocado
- ½ cup 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup pasteurized egg whites
- ½ scoop (20g) vanilla flavored whey protein powder
- 1 tsp unpasteurized honey
- ½ cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tbsp black chia seeds
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 grapefruit, supremed
- Add all the ingredients, except grapefruit, to a mini blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
- Pour about one third of the mixture into a serving glass and arrange half your grapefruit supremes on top. Add another layer of avocado, followed by grapefruit and finish with avocado.
- Garnish with a dollop of yogurt, unsweetened shredded coconut and fresh mint leaves, if desired.