Banana Buttermilk Pancakes
Just like a cross between Buttermilk Pancakes and Banana Bread, these Banana Buttermilk Pancakes are so crazy moist, fluffy and deliciously tasty, they might very well become your ultimate favorite breakfast item in the whole wide world! Oh, and did I mention just how easy they are to make, too?
If like me you’re a fan of buttermilk pancakes, then you will fall head over heels for these Banana Buttermilk Pancakes. I swear, they are just as good as the real deal, only, these ones, you can eat without feeling guilty in the least. Indeed, they are made with wholesome ingredients like whole wheat flour, bananas, eggs and buttermilk…
Honestly, I never thought pancakes could come in a moister version than buttermilk, but seriously, the combination of bananas and buttermilk makes for an unbelievably moist and tender pancake. And so tasty, too! They’re like a combination of sweet banana bread and tangy buttermilk pancakes. So tasty AND moist, you barely even need to garnish them with anything at all!
Next time you’re in the mood for pancakes, you really have to try these, I swear; they will knock your socks right off!
To start, combine a cup of whole wheat flour, some baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and whisk until all the ingredients are super well combined. Then, in another bowl, mash 2 super ripe bananas and whisk in a cup of buttermilk, 2 large eggs and some vanilla extract.
Once your wet ingredients have been thoroughly mixed, throw in the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
Finally, fold in a handful of chopped pecans.
Now heat a little bit of oil in a non-stick pan set over moderate heat. Note that the oil isn’t absolutely necessary but it makes for crispier pancakes, so I strongly suggest that you do add some. You don’t need much at all… I used avocado oil, but feel free to use whichever oil you prefer.
Working in batches, drop ¼ cup measures of batter onto pan to form pancakes.
Cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes and the undersides are golden brown, about 30 seconds.
Flip the pancakes with a non-metal spatula and cook until undersides are golden brown and pancakes are puffy and cooked through, about 30 seconds.
Serve your pancakes garnished with a dollop of plain yogurt, banana slices, chopped pecans and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup, if desired
Can you get a sense of how crazy moist these are? Oh! It’s a beautiful thing!
Banana Buttermilk Pancakes
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 oz pecans, chopped
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, mash bananas and whisk in the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until well combined. Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Heat a little bit of oil in a non-stick pan set over moderate heat. Working in batches, drop ¼ cup measures of batter onto pan to form pancakes and cook until bubbles appear on surface and undersides are golden brown, about 30 seconds.
- Flip pancakes with a non-metal spatula and cook until undersides are golden brown and pancakes are cooked through, about 30 seconds.
- Serve, garnished with plain yogurt, banana slices, chopped pecans and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup, if desired