Now that’s more like it!!!
This is EXACTLY the flavor that I’d been after!
After I got carried away last week while trying to create this exact salad, which resulted in a totally different experience, I figured I had to give it another try and STAY FOCUSED… and this time, I really nailed it!
Here is one salad that is so tasty, it will knock your socks right off.
This salad right here the very description of summer in a bowl. It’s forkable freshness… it’s a carnival of vibrant colours and a festival of delicious flavors and aromas.
Seriously, it’s hard to believe that something that doesn’t require any cooking at all (other than the pasta, that is) could fill your entire home with so much fragrance while you are making it… unreal!
I was in the kitchen cooking when my son came out of his room with his friend to ask what I was having for supper because it smelled so nice! For a minute there, I almost thought he was going to have some!
But of course, he didn’t want any. Whole wheat pasta… come on, what was I thinking? 😉
The dish that inspired this salad is one of my favorites, but unfortunately, it’s not really something that you’d want to whip up when you are eating alone, unless you wanted to eat only that for the rest of the week!
Well, I just found the perfect replacement!
YAY for me! I just made my day! 🙂
- 70g whole wheat pasta (I used fusilli)
- ¼ each red, yellow and orange bell peppers, finely diced
- 100g extra firm tofu, finely diced
- 50g light Emmenthal cheese, grated
- 12 kalamata olives, chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp zaatar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Cook pasta according to instructions on package. Rinse under cold water to cool.
- While pasta is cooking, prep all your ingredients and mix together in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss in cold pasta and mix well.
- Serve immediately or leave in the refrigerator for a few hours to allow flavors to fully develop.