Chocolate Banana Protein Shake
So simple to make and such a classic flavor combo, this extra rich and creamy Chocolate Banana Protein Shake sure will satisfy after a hard workout, or will start your day on the right foot!
So I just officially joined my local gym! That’s right, I decided to start going back to the gym again. Got a little tired of working out alone in my basement and needed a bit of a change of scenery… Sure feels good to be working out with other people again.
When I come home after my morning workout, though, my body demands nourishment in a hurry. And this classic protein shake is my favorite way to oblige!
Alright I know what you’re thinking… Chocolate Banana Protein Shake; do you even need a recipe for that? Pfff… come on, all you need to do is throw a banana, some milk and chocolate whey powder in a blender and there you have it.
Well, not so fast. I like to make mine extra rich and chocolaty and also super thick and creamy. Sooo, I throw in a few more ingredients in that blender. Just a few, don’t worry.
That shake is still super easy to make, so today’s post will be short and sweet (for a change!). Happy to share my quick shake recipe with you all!
Just like with any shake, or well basically most shakes, just throw all your ingredients in your blender. For this particular one we’re talking:
- 8 ice cubes;
- half a ripe banana;
- half a cup of almond milk (or any other liquid of your preference);
- a generous scoop of your favorite vanilla flavored whey protein powder (I’m a HUGE fan of Naked Whey);
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder;
- half a teaspoon of espresso powder (now that’s not entirely necessary but it will make that chocolate flavor so much more intense);
- and finally, a pinch of salt (again, this will act as a flavor enhancer)
Process on high until smooth, although initially, you might want to just pulse a few times, which will help in breaking up those ice cubes.
Now I’m really a fan of my Vitamix, because I find it gives everything the bestest texture in the world, but any blender will do the trick! Even those small Magic Bullet type things… I’ve also been using them for years and they do give very acceptable results!
Now all that’s left to do is pour that delicious protein shake into a beautiful glass, and garnish it as desired, if your tummy is patient enough and will let you do that!
Drink up and tell me what you think!
Chocolate Banana Protein Shake
- 8 ice cubes
- ½ ripe banana
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, or your choice of liquid
- 1 scoop vanilla flavored whey protein powder
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder, optional
- pinch salt
- Add all the ingredients to your food processor (I use a Vitamix) and process until smooth, pulsing at first to help break up the ice cubes.
- Transfer to a glass and garnish as desired, if desired (or if your tummy is patient enough to wait)
If you’ve tried this recipe, please take a minute to rate the recipe and let me know how things went for you in the comments below. It’s always such a pleasure to hear from you!
You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and TWITTER for more delicious, healthy recipes!
12 Comments on “Chocolate Banana Protein Shake”
I love banana and chocolate. Can’t have them right now though. )-:
I usually don’t go for shakes but this looks so good I just have to try it 😉
It tastes really good
Super tasty. It’s reminiscent of chocolate cake batter.
Omg it is really yummy
This recipe was perfection. I used Gold Standard Natural Vanilla and a tablespoon of brewed coffee instead of powder.
This was a really amazing shake! I use Promasil by Rivalus for the protein, hands down best I’ve ever had. As for the ingredients I needed about 1.5 cups of milk to get a good consistency in the smoothie.
I didn’t have any banana’s on hand, so I left it out and it was still great!
THIS IS SO GOOD
i’m no fan of a liquid breakfast but this was surprisingly amazing!