Ready in mere minutes, this Honey Almond Oven Baked Salmon is so easy to make yet so tasty and so elegant, you can basically serve it for any occasion, any time of day or year!
The more I cook and eat salmon, the more I’m falling in love with it…
I mean seriously, I think that this fish is absolutely flawless : not only is it a veritable nutrition powerhouse, it’s naturally super flavorful, crazy versatile and stupid quick and easy to prepare!
This particular dish I’m sharing with you today will be ready to serve in under 10 minutes. And the best part is, you won’t even need to dirty any pots and pans!
The first thing you’ll need to do is preheat your oven to broil and then place a rack on the top position.
Then, in a small bowl or measuring cup, you’ll want to combine some honey, avocado oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; mix that vigorously with a fork or flat whisk until well combined.
Place the fish fillets skin side down on a roasting pan and brush them with about half the glaze. Place the pan directly under the broiler for 6-8 minutes, until the fish is cooked to your liking and the top is nicely golden and slightly caramelized.
Oh, and if you don’t want to be bothered cleaning the pan afterwards, simply line it with aluminium foil… it’ll save you the hassle!
While the fish is in the oven, toast the sliced almonds in a small skillet set over medium heat until they are fragrant and slightly golden, about 2 to 3 minutes.
This skillet? You’ll only need wipe clean when you’re done using it… I told you, no pots and pans to clean, today!
Once it’s done to your liking, remove the fish from the oven and immediately brush the fillets with the remaining glaze and then sprinkle them with the sliced almonds.
(Sorry about the super bad focus here… you’d think I’d never used a camera before in my life! And as you can probably notice, my roasting pan got pretty charred, so again, if you want to avoid scrubbing that, you might want to line yours with aluminum foil!)
Serve your fish without delay, garnished with chopped fresh herbs and a few lemon slices, if desired.
If you’re looking for ideas for sides, I served mine with steamed asparagus: they take about 3 minutes to cook, so I figured they were the perfect accompaniment! Any steamed veggies would work, though. Or white rice. Or a simple salad…
Simple, elegant, delicious AND nutritious. What more could you ask for?
If you’ve tried this recipe, or any other recipe on the blog, please take a minute to rate the recipe and let me know how things went for you in the comments below. It’s always such a pleasure to hear from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and TWITTER for more delicious, healthy recipes!
Honey Almond Oven Baked Salmon
- Chopped fresh herbs
- Lemon slices
- Preheat your oven to broil and place a rack on the top position.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the honey, avocado oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; mix vigorously with a fork or flat whisk until well combined.
- Place the fish fillets skin side down on a roasting pan and brush them with about half the glaze. Place the pan directly under the broiler for 6-8 minutes, until the fish is cooked to your liking and the top is nicely golden and slightly caramelized.
- Meanwhile, toast the sliced almonds in a small skillet set over medium heat until fragrant and slightly golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the oven and brush the pieces with the remaining glaze and then sprinkle with the sliced almonds.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chopped fresh herbs and lemon slices, if desired.