This has got to be one of the best salads I have ever had. If I owned a restaurant, it would definitely be on the menu. I would’ve eaten it without end. I just didn’t want to ever get to the last bite. It was that good. Really!
A little extensive to prepare, for a salad, especially because you need to plan ahead for that one. Not a lot of work, however. Just planning ahead to cook and cool your harboiled eggs and potatoes. Other than that, it’s, again, extremely easy. I don’t like cooking anything that is too complicated. To me, good food has to be kept simple.
Here’s the recipe:
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Garlic Flowers
- ¼ tsp Sambal Oelek
- 100g Marino Mix
- 100g Baby Spinach
- 30 green beans, cooked and cooled
- 6-8 small potatoes, in large chunks
- 16 grape tomatoes cut in half
- ¼ cup black olives, sliced
- 6 hardboiled eggs, cut in quarters
- 45g crushed pecans, toasted
- Cook the potatoes and eggs ahead of time to allow for complete cooling
- Mix all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a mixing bowl and whisk until well emulsified.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients of the salad, except for the eggs and pecans. Incorporate the vinaigrette.
- Transfer onto serving plates, place the eggs on top of the salad and sprinkle with toasted pecans.