Summer Is Almost Here Lobster Salad
I had bought an extra lobster, just in case… I wasn’t sure whether my son would be home for dinner or not, so I decided to play it safe. Turns out he didn’t, so I ended up with one leftover lobster.
Great!!! I was gonna get to make lobster something. But lobster what? I never made lobster anything before. I always had lobster lobster, period.
I thought about it for a long time, came up with many ideas, but I don’t know, for some reason, none of them seemed to really inspire me.
Lobster crêpes? Nope. Way too fancy. Not in the mood for fancy.
Lobster pizza? Yeeaaah, maybe… that could be an option, but on a weeknight? I don’t know… Plus, I really have my heart set on that chicken, sundried tomatoes and goatcheese pizza and having lobster pizza now would mean I’d have to push the chicken one back another month or so. Not good.
Lobster sandwich? Han han, I think that would be a waste… You don’t make a sandwich out of something you only get to eat once a year.
I needed to find something that would be visually pleasing, (I really wanted to eat that lobster with my eyes first), and that wouldn’t completely overpower the delicate flavour of the lobster flesh. Something light, something fresh… something that would celebrate that little bit of sunshine we’re finally getting…
A SALAD! What else? And there you have it…
Summer is almost here Lobster Salad.
It fit the bill, perfectly!
- 175g cooked lobster meat (the meat of one lobster)
- ½ avocado, diced
- ½ tomato, diced
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ¼ cup black olives, sliced
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1tsp fresh oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch salt and pepper
- A handful of arugula
- Cook the corn according to directions on package (use your preferred method) then rinse it under cold running water to cool it down. Drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add lemon juice, mustard, thyme, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix with a fork or whisk until well incorporated.
- Add all other ingredients except arugula. Toss lightly until well combined
- Lay arugula on a serving plate and mound lobster salad in the middle.
- Serve with whole grain tortilla or bread.