Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Quick and easy to make, this Avocado Chocolate Mousse is made with nothing but wholesome, nutritious ingredients. A super elegant and healthy treat that you can eat without feeling even a single ounce of guilt.
A few weeks ago, I had purchased a whole case of avocados, because believe it or not, it was cheaper to buy a whole case that day than it was to buy the 2 avocados that I needed for my recipe. I didn’t have to think long before I made a decision.
However, I found myself with quite the overage of avocados: I had 12 of them to use up! Well, 10, after I’d used the 2 that I initially needed.
Since I also happened to have a bunch of overripe bananas (when do I NOT have any of those?) I decided to try my hand at creating a delicious, creamy and totally guilt-free treat: an Avocado Chocolate Mousse!
This beautiful dessert comes together in no time and turned out so crazy delicious, I’m almost sorry to now be out of avocados… maybe I should’ve purchased 2 cases!
To make it, you’ll need a small food processor of some kind — I absolutely ADORE my Ninja Master Prep for these kinds of projects — in which you’ll want to combine 2 large ripe avocados, half a ripe banana, a quarter cup of liquid honey, a teaspoon of lemon or lime juice, a teaspoon of matcha powder (if you have some on hand, otherwise you can just leave it out) and a quarter teaspoon of salt.
Process all these ingredients until they are super smooth and creamy; be sure to stop and scrape the sides a few times, to make sure every last bit gets incorporated.
Now divide this mousse between 4 small bowl or glass containers and top each serving with a teaspoon or so of chopped pistachios. Set those aside for now.
Next, in that same bowl of that same food processor, (no need to rinse it, really) combine one large ripe avocado, the other half of the banana, a third of a cup of date paste, a quarter of a cup of cacao powder, a quarter teaspoon of salt and, optionally, a quarter teaspoon of cinnamon.
Again, process until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape the sides a few times…
Top the avocado mousse you just reserved with this chocolate mousse and then sprinkle the top with the rest of the chopped pistachios.
Your mousse is now ready to be served, but it will taste better after sitting in the fridge for a couple of hours. So if time permits, definitely send it to the ice box for a bit…
Any leftovers will keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a few days. Honestly, though, I doubt that it’ll last that long!
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- 4 tbsp chopped pistachios
- In the bowl of a small food processor, combine the ingredients for the avocado mousse and process until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape the sides a few times, to make sure every last bit gets incorporated.
- Divide between 4 small bowl or glasses and top each with a teaspoon or so of chopped pistachios. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your food processor (no need to rinse it) combine the ingredients for the chocolate mousse and again, process until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape the sides a few times.
- Top the reserved avocado mousse with the chocolate mousse and sprinkle with the rest of the chopped pistachios.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to a few days (the mousse will taste better after sitting in the fridge for a couple of hours)