Walnut Crusted Chicken Fingers Revisited
Much better! While not perfect, tonight’s version was much better than the last. A lot lighter, the chicken was tender, the flavor was good with just a hint of heat. But the walnuts really got lost. Maybe I’d have to keep them a little bit coarser. Or use hazelnuts instead, as their taste is a tad stronger. Also, I have to try marinating the chicken in buttermilk, to make it juicier and tastier. But all in all, I am fairly satisfied with tonight’s version, enough to consider a repeat and to share the recipe.
- 40g Walnuts
- 40g Wheat germ
- 40g Whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- ½ cup whole wheat flour, seasoned
- 1 egg white
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven at 475 degrees Farenheit
- Mix ingredients through pepper flakes in food processor. Blend until reduced to a coarse powder.
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 strips. Drench each strip in the seasoned flour, then in the egg white, and finally in the powder you just made.
- Put the strips onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray
- Put in the oven and lower temperature to 375.
- Cook for 20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking
I served mine with a honey mustard sauce, made with 2 parts hot Dijon mustard to one part honey.