Orange, Date and Coconut Smoothie
Yep! Oranges again!
Surely you knew this one was coming. I mean, it had to.
I couldn’t possibly on such a big orange kick and not use them in a smoothie, now could I?
I’ve actually made a few experiences with them, and while I haven’t yet succeeded at recreating exactly the taste and texture that I am after, I have to say that I was fairly happy with this one.
It’s really nice and sweet and refreshing, and has that great chewability factor that I’m always after when having a smoothie.
Oh yeah. That one definitely is “of the chewable kind”.
It’s like having orange juice with tons of extra pulp.
And tons of added goodness, too! In fact, I find it tastes a bit like a day at the beach.
So definitely a keeper recipe…
And a great way to use up those *ahem*… 10 pounds of oranges I just bought! 😉
ORANGE, DATE AND COCONUT SMOOTHIE
- 1 orange
- 5 dates
- ¼ cup boiling water
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp coconut milk (canned)
- ½ cup coconut water
- 1 scoop vanilla flavored whey protein powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut, to garnish
- Soak the dates in the boiling water for 5-10 minutes to soften them up.
- Peel the orange with a knife and cut it into 8-10 pieces.
- Add all ingredients, except shredded coconut, to your food processor and process until smooth, about one minute.
- Transfer to drinking glass, garnish with shredded coconut.