No-Way-These-Can-Be-Good-For-Me Chocolate Truffles
Are you all ready for this?
But I mean, really… are you ready?
I just came up with this super healthy snack that tastes soooooo good, I myself can’t even believe that they’re good for me whenever I have one (or two of five…)
Hold on… let me show you a picture before I go on!
Feast your eyes!
So… anyone need a napkin or somethin’?
Honestly guys, I don’t think I’ve ever been quite so excited about any of my previous creations.
Not my super healthy pumpkin pie…
Not my you-won’t-believe-it’s-good-for-you Chocolate and Raspberry Pie
Not my Baklava Style Walnut Butter
Not even my Peanut Butter Energy Squares (although they do come in a very close second…)
These truffles right here are just plain UNBELIEVABLE! – They are THE BOMB!
When you bite into one, you get this big, bold, vibrant, explosive, INTENSE dark chocolate flavor. And their texture? It’s super nice and soft, yet dense and chewy; Very similar to a rum ball, actually, only better because you also get this nice little crunch from the dried figs and other goodies…
I swear, if no one told you, there is no way you could ever tell that these were actually good for you.
They’re just the kind of “treat” that you want to bring to dinner parties, or share with your friends and co-workers, just to see the look on their face when you actually tell them what’s in them.
On second thought, you might want to keep them all to yourself. I’m really not sure that you’re going to want to pass them around after all.
I think they might just be too good to share. 😉
But wait! I just realized… I haven’t told you what they’re made with yet, have I?
The main ingredient for this is…
Do you really want to know? I mean, do you really HAVE to know?
It might just ruin it for you.
Alright, alright, I’ll tell you
The main ingredient for these is… CHICKPEAS!
Yeah… I know! I feel the same. But, just you wait ’til you’ve tried them.
I am telling you guys, chickpeas have never tasted better.
You won’t believe your tastebuds!
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas, cooled
- 250g dried figs, chopped
- ½ cup extra dark cocoa powder
- ¼ cup pasteurized egg whites
- few drops pure almond extract
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup pistachio, chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- Cocoa Powder
- Hemp hearts
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Flaxseed meal
- In a food processor, process the chickpeas and dried figs until they're completely incorporated and become nice and smooth and creamy in consistency.
- Transfer that mixture to a standing mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Add the cocoa powder, egg whites almond extract and mix on medium speed until well incorporated. At this point, the mixture should have the consistency of a thick cookie batter. If you find the mixture to be a tad too dry, you can always add a little bit more egg whites, until you get the desired consistency.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until incorporated, no more.
- Put this in the refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes.
- Once the dough has chilled, shape it into ¾-inch balls - that's about a teaspoon per ball.
- Roll the balls into coating of your choice, place in airtight container and refrigerate.
- This makes about 5 dozen truffles and they will keep for about a week in the refrigerator (although I really wouldn't worry about that!).
- You can also freeze them, to try and prevent yourself from eating them all at once, but know that after only about a minute or two at room temperature, they're good to go and as good, if not better, as fresh!