Sheet Pan Greek Style Chicken – Juicy pieces of chicken, roasted potatoes, olives, feta cheese, bell peppers and onions baked together in a single pan.
Juicy pieces of chicken, creamy roasted potatoes, salty kalamata olives and feta cheese, chunks of bell peppers and a few sliced onions, all baked together in a single pan – this is what this Sheet Pan Greek Style Chicken is all about! An all-out fiesta of wholesome ingredients, bold flavors with a touch of exoticism — all taking place in a single pan.
Well, with one tiny little exception…
Because potatoes they take a little bit longer to cook and get all nice and soft and creamy, you want to give them a little bit of a head start. Nothing too complicated, though: just place them in a saucepan and cover them with salted water; bring that to a boil and cook until the potatoes are about half way done, 5 to 6 minutes.
While your potatoes are blanching, preheat your oven to 475°F, and then make the marinade.
When cooked to your liking, drain your potatoes and let them cool for a few minutes, then place them on a 18″ x 26″ baking sheet lined with parchment paper, along with the boneless chicken thighs, chopped red bell pepper and sliced onion; drizzle with the marinade you just made.
Toss the ingredients around directly in the pan (why dirty a bowl, right?) until they are evenly coated and then place the pan on the middle rack of your preheated oven; bake for 15 minutes.
After that time, take the pan out of the oven and set your oven to broil.
Add the olives and feta cheese and return the pan to the oven for another 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese starts to turn golden around the edge and the chicken and potatoes are nicely browned.
That’s it, you’re done! Easy enough for you?
Now serve without delay, garnished with a few sprigs of fresh thyme if desired, and enjoy!
If you’ve tried this recipe, or any other recipe on the blog, please take a minute to rate the recipe and let me know how things went for you in the comments below. It’s always such a pleasure to hear from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and TWITTER for more delicious, healthy recipes!
Sheet Pan Greek Style Chicken
Sheet Pan Greek Style Chicken - Juicy pieces of chicken, roasted potatoes, olives, feta cheese, bell peppers and onions baked together in a single pan.
- 10 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 950g | 2lbs total)
- 2 lb tiny new potatoes scrubbed and cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion cut into thick slices
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1-1/2 cup cubed feta cheese
- Preheat your oven to 475°F
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover them with salted water; bring to a boil and cook until about half way done, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the marinade: combine all the ingredients together in a glass measuring cup and whisk vigorously until well combined.
- Drizzle with marinade and toss until all the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then add the olives and feta cheese, set the oven to broil and continue cooking for another 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese starts to turn golden around the edge and the chicken and potatoes are nicely browned.
- Serve immediately, garnished with a few sprigs of fresh thyme if desired.