The Best Darn Looking Tropical Chicken Burgers Ever…
…Well, according to their creator, anyway! 😉
Sorry guys, I don’t mean to toot my own horn here, but I’m afraid am-‘onna-have-to.
I mean seriously…
I honestly don’t think that I had ever before in my life seen a meat pattie that looked so good before it even hit the grill…
Or after it did, for that matter!
In fact, I don’t think I’d ever seen a meat pattie that looked so darn good, period!
Just look at all the pretty colors!
It’s like each and every single one of them is calling your name from afar: “taste me, taste me”
That, combined to the amazing smell that emanates from the burgers, makes it very hard to resist sinking your teeth into them.
Especially if you’re gonna have to resist long enough to manage a couple of decent pictures…
For oh yeah, each of these pretty colors gives their very unique twist to these delicious chicken burgers.
And the combination of flavors is just plain incredible!
We’re talking bell peppers, green onions, mango and COCONUT!
Oh my, YUM!
These burgers are in fact packed so full of flavor that you don’t even need to garnish them all that much.
Of course, they are amazing on their own, but if you choose to serve them on a bun, hamburger style, toppings can be kept at a bare minimum: a handful of greens, a few strips of roasted bell peppers and a couple of shavings of fresh coconut meat did the trick for me.
No ketchup, relish or mustard needed here, thank you very much!
Now I wish they served burgers like this one at my local burger joint.
Chances are if they did, I would actually pay them a visit from time to time…
Until then, I’ll keep making my own at home!
Tropical Chicken Burger
- 300 g chicken breast, meat only
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ mango, peeled and cut into little cubes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 30 g fresh coconut meat, grated (you could also use dry, unsweetened)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup parsley, finely choped
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- Roasted Bell Peppers
- Fresh Coconut Meat Shavings
- Mixed Greens
- Cut the chicken into small cubes and grind it in your food processor, on pulse, until it has the consistency of ground chicken.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix with clean hands until all the bits and pieces are nice and uniformly distributed.
- Divide the meat mixture into 4 servings and shape into patties. Set aside (you can also refrigerate the patties at this point and cook the at a later time)
- Preheat your outdoor grill to high. Or, if you are making these indoors, preheat a non-stick pan sprayed with olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat to medium and place the patties on the grill (or in the pan) and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until the patties are cooked through.
- Serve immediately, bun entirely optional!
Not even cooked and already lookin’ good!
A few minutes on the grill and they look even better…
Smokin’ hot, all dressed up and ready to party!