Prepare to be jealous! Or envious… Or hungry, at least!
I mean seriously, check this out. THIS is what I had for breakfast this morning.
Oh me, oh my, oh yum! Be still my heart…
Wait, wait, wait… there’s more!
Oh yum!!!!!! This was U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-Y good! I want some MOOOOORE!!!!
This is another one of those dishes that I would just love to eat until the end of time. I would want to eat nothing but that for the rest of my life. I mean, the whole time I was eating, I couldn’t help but think this is way too good, there is no way it can be healthy. How can this be? Healthy food CANNOT be this good…
Well, apparently, it can!
What’s that you say? You would like to eat some of that too? And, of course, in order to do that, you would need a recipe! Well, it will be my pleasure to share the love!
Please, do yourself a favor and try it…you can thank me later 😉
Oh, and speaking of thanks… I would really like to thank Kris here, over at Young Married Chic, because I got the inspiration for this baby while visiting her site after she had made this wonderful entry about my blueberry cobbler oatmeal. 😀
You’ll see that this one is very similar to my previous overnight oats recipe, but it’s like 2 million times as good!
Hey, and it’s got carob on it! CAROOOOB! God I love that stuff!
Alright, enough talk. Here goes…
- ½ ripe banana, thinly sliced
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tbsp bulgur wheat
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp millet
- 1 tbsp buckwheat groats
- 1 tbsp extra dark pure cocoa powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp chocolate flavored protein powder
- ¼ cup milk (I use unsweetened soy)
- A dozen carob chips to garnish
The previous night
- Bring water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a plastic container with a fitting lid, mix all ingredients except for protein powder and milk. Add boiling water, stir until well combined. Put the lid on and refrigerate overnight (or at least 4 hours)
In the morning
- Stir in protein powder. Transfer to serving bowl and add milk.
- Garnish with a few carob chips, slices of banana or coconut shavings (like I did), if desired.
- Sit back and prepare to visit heaven!
Look at that… chocolate milk!!
OK, one last picture.Viewed from heaven…