30 Healthy Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes
A roundup of 30 Healthy Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes to help you plan your menu and keep things healthy and cruelty free this Holiday Season!
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: as a French Canadian, I don’t ever get to celebrate Thanksgiving, so I can’t pretend to say that I know much of anything about what goes on and especially what gets eaten on that much celebrated Holiday… I do know, however, that food totally gets a prime spot on that day!
From what I understand, Thanksgiving is also, and mostly, about giving thanks and telling people that you love them… Well, what better way to thank the animals and let them know just how much you love them than by leaving them off your plates? I know, I know… easier said than done. This can be a little intimidating, especially given the fact that traditionally, the star of the menu is a whole roasted turkey, and that most of the other items on the menu also typically contain lots of dairy and / or more meat. But really, there are TONS of scrumptious recipes out there that are entirely cruelty-free AND that still scream of Thanksgiving.
I’ve scoured the Net in search of the best vegan Thanksgiving recipes and put them together here, in this roundup. Hopefully these will inspire you to create a fabulous Holiday feast that everyone will remember… and will totally want to repeat, too!
And also maybe, discover a new vegan blog or two that you’ll want to follow…
CRANBERRY & THYME VEGAN CHEESE BALL
So, what makes a good Cheese Ball, really? This one totally passes the test, according to Sam… Smooth and creamy? Check! Flavorful and addictive? Check! Festive colors? Check! Easy to make (and can be made ahead of time)? Check! Want to devour the whole thing immediately? Double Check! Peeps will devour this cheese ball in no time, regardless of whether they are vegan or not…
- Cranberry & Thyme Vegan Cheese Ball by It Doesn’t taste like chicken – Get the recipe here
Carrots in a Blanket
How good do those look, seriously? And who needs sausages anyway when you can have delicious, juicy and vibrant carrots, instead?
- Carrots in a blanket by Vegan Sandra – Get the recipe here
vegan spinach dip
A plant-based version of a classic dip. It’s made with just 9 ingredients, so delicious, creamy, cheesy and really easy to make.
- Vegan Spinach Dip by Simple Vegan Blog – Get the recipe here
VEGAN STUFFED MUSHROOMS
These vegan stuffed mushrooms are incredibly addictive, thanks to a filling of dreamy cashew cream cheese, smoky tempeh bacon and chives. Great for snacking, but you can absolutely make a side of them too!
- Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms by Connaisseurus Veg – Get the recipe here
CREAM OF LEEK AND SWEET POTATO SOUP
This Cream of Leek and Sweet Potato Soup is so silky and creamy, it’s the perfect dish to warm your body and soul on a cold winter day. Best of all, it’s super easy, and crazy quick, to make!
- Cream of Leek and Sweet Potato Soup by Yours Truly – Get the recipe here
Vegetable Wellington w/ Lentils & Mushrooms
This Vegetable Wellington is loaded with lentils, mushrooms, walnuts and more! A flaky puff pastry crust wrapped around the perfect savory and satisfying filling. It is the perfect holiday entree for vegans and non-vegans alike!
- Vegetable Wellington with Lentils & Mushrooms by Sweet Simple Vegan – Get the recipe here
vegan holiday pie with hot water pastry
This vegan holiday pie with lentils, vegetables, and a vegan hot water pastry makes a STUNNING centerpiece for any vegetarian or vegan table. Move over, turkey!
- Vegan Holiday Pie with Hot Water Pastry by Occasionally Eggs – Get the recipe here
VEGAN MEATLOAF – NUT LOAF
This Vegan Meatloaf is flavorful, decadent, nutty and great for anyone wanting a no bean/lentil loaf. You can use your favorite nut in this meatloaf, too!
- Vegan Meatloaf – Nut Loaf by Vegan Richa – Get the recipe here
1-HOUR VEGAN POT PIES
Easy, 1-hour vegan pot pies loaded with veggies and topped with flaky, from-scratch vegan biscuits!
- 1-Hour Vegan Pot Pies by Minimalist Baker – Get the recipe here
Vegan Walnut & Butternut Squash Stuffed Shells
These vegan stuffed shells are filled with a blend cashew ricotta, butternut squash, and crunchy walnuts, baked up and served with creamy butternut squash sauce.
- Vegan Walnut & Butternut Squash Stuffed Shells by Oh! My Veggies – Get the recipe here
Quinoa “Stuffing” (Quinoa with Butternut Squash, Cranberries & Pistachios)
This delicious quinoa stuffing is packed with healthy ingredients and is full of amazing flavor! Stuffing so stunningly gorgeous and so delicious looking… I say you should definitely serve it “on the side”. Hey! Whoever said stuffing had to be stuffed somewhere, anyway?
- Quinoa Stuffing by Gimme Some Oven – Get the recipe here
EASY VEGAN STOVE TOP STUFFING
The perfect traditional stuffing for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Just 30 minutes and can be made ahead of time. Perfectly seasoned, fluffy, with sage, thyme, rosemary and dried cranberries.
- Easy Vegan Stove Top Stuffing by It Doesn’t taste like chicken – Get the recipe here
Gluten-Free Stuffing with “Creamed Spinach” and Leeks
This gluten-free stuffing recipe is layered with a vegan “creamed” spinach, caramelized leeks and shallots. It’s a great vegan option for Thanksgiving!
- Gluten-Free Stuffing with “Creamed Spinach” and Leeks by Feed me Phoebe – Get the recipe here
Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Cinnamon Butternut Squash, Pecans, and Cranberries
This one has so many Thanksgiving must-haves, all rolled into a single dish. I say this is a definite must-make!
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Cinnamon Butternut Squash, Pecans, and Cranberries by Julia’s Album – Get the recipe here
1-PAN GARLICKY GREEN BEANS WITH SLIVERED ALMONDS
- 1-Pan Garlicky Green Beans With Slivered Almonds by Minimalist Baker – Get the recipe here
Honey Glazed Hasselback Butternut Squash
If you want to go all out and don’t mind spending a little bit more time in the kitchen, especially if you’re gonna get visually stunning results, then this one’s for you! As elegant as it is delicious, this Honey Glazed Hasselback Butternut Squash is guaranteed to be the star of your dinner table. And if honey is off limits in your household (some vegans still use it when it’s well sourced, some not at all) you can simply use pure maple syrup, instead!
- Honey Glazed Hasselback Butternut Squash by Yours Truly – Get the recipe here
OVEN BAKED WHOLE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
This is the easiest and tastiest way to prepare cauliflower. Plus, talk about a stunning dish to place on the table… It’ll make you an instant fan, guaranteed!
- Oven Baked Whole Roasted Cauliflower by Yours Truly – Get the recipe here
VEGAN SCALLOPED POTATOES
This is Nora’s favorite recipe for vegan scalloped potatoes (and I can totally see why!) — ultra creamy, cheesy, garlicky and comforting. Absolutely NO dairy!
- Vegan Scalloped Potatoes by Nora Cooks – Get the recipe here
SCALLOPED SWEET POTATO RING
A new and improved version of my sweet potato “gratin”, this true stunner will definitely steal the show.
- Scalloped Sweet Potato Ring by Yours Truly – Get the recipe here
Candied Butternut Squash – With Pecans and Raisins
This Candied Butternut Squash is so tasty, you don’t even need to be a fan of squash to enjoy it! It goes good with practically everything, any time of day!
- Candied Butternut Squash by Yours Truly – Get the recipe here
Oven Roasted Butternut Squash
So simple yet so elegant, this rustic Oven Roasted Butternut Squash mash is a tasty and versatile side dish that goes good with just about anything, any time of day, but that would shine particularly brightly on this special day!
Guaranteed to impress your guests, yet so easy to make, it won’t eat up much of your precious time at all. But that, nobody needs to know…
- Oven Roasted Butternut Squash by Yours Truly – Get the recipe here
BUTTERNUT PECAN SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
A healthier sweet potato casserole with butternut squash, sweetened with maple syrup, and topped with toasted, lightly-sweetened pecans. The perfect side dish for fall and holiday gatherings.
- Butternut Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole by Minimalist Baker – Get the recipe here
MAPLE ROASTED CARROTS WITH CRANBERRIES
A colorful side of maple and harissa glazed carrots studded with jammy cranberries and toasted almonds for much needed flavor and texture contrast. This dish is low on effort and easy to make and will look amazing on your Thanksgiving table!
- Maple Roasted Carrots With Cranberries by Lazy Cat Kitchen – Get the recipe here
HERBED OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES
So delicious and easy to make, these Herbed Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes deserve to be given a prime spot in your plate on a regular basis! And once you’ve given them a try, you’ll want to do just that, I swear…
- Herbed Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Yours Truly – Get the recipe here
OVEN BAKED SPAGHETTI SQUASH
So very easy to make and so deliciously tasty, Oven Baked Spaghetti Squash might very well become your favorite pasta replacement!
- Oven Baked Spaghetti Squash by Yours Truly – Get the recipe here
EASY VEGAN PUMPKIN PIE
9 easy ingredients, combine in a blender, pour into a pie shell, and bake. Done! Tastes best when made ahead of time making it a stress-free Thanksgiving dessert. The BEST go-to vegan pumpkin pie recipe ever.
- Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie by It doesn’t taste like chicken – Get the recipe here
Vegan Cardamom Pecan Cookies
Vegan Cardamom Pecan Cookies are the perfect holiday cookie and are gluten-free, oil-free, dairy-free and full of rich cardamom spice, soft texture and buttery pecans.
- Vegan Cardamom Pecan Cookies by The Vegan 8 – Get the recipe here
The BEST Vegan Pecan Pie
Everyone’s favorite pie veganized – Vegan Pecan Pie – with simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions. You’ll be enjoying this pie in no time!
- The BEST Classic Pecan Pie Recipe! by Namely Marly – Get the recipe here
chocolate hazelnut tart
A naturally sweetened, gluten free, and vegan chocolate hazelnut tart, with a hazelnut cookie base and rich chocolate ganache filling. This elegant tart is surprisingly simple, with a press-in crust – no rolling needed!
- Chocolate Hazelnut Tart by Occasionally Eggs – Get the recipe here
VEGAN PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE – EASY AND NO-BAKE!
Deliciously rich and decadent vegan pumpkin cheesecake packed with flavor and topped with a caramel sauce and crushed pecans!
- Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake by Loving It Vegan – Get the recipe here
3 Comments on “30 Healthy Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes”
Thank you for sharing these recipes, l am going home to start cooking
Great recipe. Thank you for sharing.